Covid -19 Updates – 5th August 2020
On 18th July 2020 the FA updated the guidance for all Grassroots Football. In addition to the national guidelines we also have had to consider the local restrictions put in place.
As you are aware in Greater Manchester there are now additional rules in place in regards to households and numbers of people allowed to meet up. The FA have clarified that despite the local rules the guidance issued on the 18th July is still valid to all grassroots football.
The club committee have processed all the new guidance and considered the local restrictions and we can safely accomodate the changes. The new Risk Assessment is available to read below, the 3 amendments are highlighted in yellow:
1. Social distancing is back to individual spacing of 2m (unless from same social bubble)
2. The players register will now be managed by the individual coaches (no need to pre-register for training)
3. Matches can be played in training using club goals (friendlies against other clubs can only take place as ‘away’ fixtures)
Then club still require all parents & carers to sign a consent form to allow their child to take part in traning sessions where contact is likely to occur. The form is on this page.
The consent form requires the childs name, team, name of parent or carer and their relationship to the child. When ticking to box you are confirming 2 things:
- You have read, understood and will follow the latest guidance issued by the club and FA. (links below)
- You are providing consent for your child to take part in training and matches where close contact is possible.
It is important to remember the club are putting no pressure on any child to return to training/matches unless they or their parents/carers are comfortable with doing so. We fully understand individual situations may be different and we will accomodate any existing members situation when it comes to registration for the new season due to start in September.
If you have any queries or concerns at any stage please do not hesitate to contact your team manager or Nigel Peacock (Club Welfare Officer – email@example.com)
Please continue to stay safe.
You can view all the FA Guidance and the Risk Assessments by clicking the links below.
FA Guidance 18th July – You can read or download the FA Guidance documents below:
Sale Communities JFC – Site Specific Guidance: